Salary: $50,000.00 to $63,000.00 /year
Safe community, affordible housing options, and chance to work among the best in the region.*
Job Description/ Why We’re Hiring:
We are looking for a Labor and Delivery Room Nurse, which is well qualified and prepared to assist our doctors with expecting mothers and their newborns in the delivery rooms. Labor and Delivery Room Nurses are preferred to be stable emotionally and quick on their feet when it comes to working with doctors as well as possess a maternal instinct ideally when caring for expecting mothers.
Day to day tasks of a Labor and Delivery Room Nurse include monitoring mothers and diagnosis as well as updating data followed by a personal coaching session with mothers. Ideally, Labor and Delivery Room Nurses are required to be attentive to details, quick decision makers with perfect communication skills, as they are the hospital’s main contact point in regards to newborn care.
Labor and Delivery Nurse Skills and Expertise
- Required to possess advanced nursing skills.
- Preferred to possess at least a Bachelor in Nursing Sciences Degree
- Must be able to help support the mother during childbirth or labor procedure.
- Required to monitor the baby’s heart rate and the mother’s health
- Must be familiar with measurement of contractions before childbirth regarding strength and time.
- Assist the doctor to administer specific medication for the mother as well as assist in conducting a diagnosis.
- Must be able to work as a team with physicians and the care team.
- Assist in the labor room with inducing childbirth. In fact, the Labor and Delivery Room Nurse is required and needed to coach the mother during the childbirth process.
- Assist the doctor with labor surgeries if required, especially Cesarean sections.
- To assist with performing diagnosis on newborns and monitoring the progress of newborns.
- Must be able to educate and assist mothers and their families about newborn care and related topics.
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced hospital environment.
- Possess excellent communication skills, verbally and written as well as a pleasant personality.To learn more about this opportunity please apply now with a clean copy of your CV or send to the email listed below.
Aaron Rodriguez: arod@ MLeeHealthcare.com
McCall and Lee