Interventional Radiology Technician
Position: Interventional Radiology Technician
Location: North Alabama
Job Summary: As an Interventional Radiology Technician, you will play a crucial role in the diagnosis and treatment of patients through the use of advanced radiological imaging procedures. You will work closely with our dedicated team of healthcare professionals to ensure the highest quality of patient care in a state-of-the-art facility.
- Perform interventional radiology procedures, including but not limited to angiography, fluoroscopy, and vascular interventions, with precision and attention to detail.
- Prepare patients for procedures, explaining the process, and ensuring their comfort and safety throughout the examination.
- Operate and maintain radiology equipment, ensuring its proper functionality and adherence to safety protocols.
- Collaborate effectively with radiologists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to provide patient care.
- Monitor patients during procedures and respond to any adverse reactions or complications.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive patient records, documenting all pertinent information and procedure details.
- Adhere to infection control and radiation safety guidelines to protect patients, staff, and yourself.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in interventional radiology technology and procedures through ongoing education and training.
- Participate in quality assurance initiatives and contribute to the improvement of departmental processes.
- Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology or a related field (Bachelor's degree preferred).
- Current ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) certification in Radiography.
- State licensure as a Radiologic Technologist in Alabama.
- Certification in Interventional Radiography (CI or VI) preferred.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Willingness to be on-call and work flexible hours as needed.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Continuing education opportunities
- Career growth and development
For immediate consideration, send your resume to: tyler @mleehealthcare.com