Cardiac Cath Lab Nurse (Travel Position) - California
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Cath Lab Nurse for a travel job opportunity in Los Angeles, California. As a Cath Lab Nurse, you will play a crucial role in assisting with diagnostic and interventional procedures in the cardiac catheterization laboratory. This is a temporary position, ideal for nurses who enjoy experiencing different healthcare environments and are available to start immediately. The compensation for this position ranges up to $90 per hour, based on qualifications and experience.
- Provide direct patient care before, during, and after cardiac catheterization procedures.
- Assist the healthcare team in preparing patients for catheterization procedures, including obtaining medical histories and ensuring informed consent.
- Administer medications and intravenous fluids as directed by physicians.
- Monitor patients' vital signs, heart rhythms, and hemodynamic parameters during procedures.
- Operate specialized cardiac catheterization equipment and ensure its proper functioning.
- Assist physicians during catheterization procedures, including the insertion and manipulation of catheters and guidewires.
- Monitor patients for complications and promptly report any changes in condition to the healthcare team.
- Provide patient education and support, ensuring they understand the procedure and post-procedure care.
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation of procedures, medications administered, and patient outcomes.
- Adhere to infection control protocols and maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to ensure high-quality patient care and positive outcomes.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in catheterization procedures and technologies.
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of California.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent experience working as a Cath Lab Nurse.
- Experience with diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization procedures.
- Strong knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, and hemodynamics.
- Proficiency in operating and troubleshooting cardiac catheterization equipment.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to different healthcare settings and travel as needed.
- Must be available to start immediately.
If you are a dedicated and skilled Cath Lab Nurse seeking an exciting travel opportunity in California, we encourage you to apply. This position offers competitive compensation and the chance to work in a dynamic and diverse healthcare environment. Join our team and make a difference in patients' lives while gaining valuable experience in the field of cardiac catheterization. Apply today! Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE
Apply today to get a full overview of the hospital, setting, and benefits this position has to offer.
Hoss Melton, Recruiter