*$10,000 Sign-On Bonus!* Paid up front!
MLee Healthcare has been engaged by our conveniently located client near Columbus, Ohio seeking a Full-Time Respiratory Care Practitioner for their modern community hospital. Come join a family-like team dedicated to providing excellent patient care!
About the position: As a Respiratory Therapist, you will be responsible for delivering direct respiratory care to all patients as assigned. The respiratory therapist plans, implements and evaluates the effectiveness of the respiratory care provided at Madison Health. You will also act as a resource person to other therapists, nurses, and physicians regarding the respiratory care of patients in their assigned areas.
Night shift - 6pm to 6am. 3 shifts per week with rotating weekends. +$3.50 night shift differential.
- Utilizes independent judgment regarding priority of work, changes in patient condition, evaluating patient’s response to care and emergency situations.
- Responds to all cardiopulmonary arrest calls and performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation and airway care as needed.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments including oxygen and aerosol therapy. Maintains knowledge of various methods of delivery, including the necessary equipment. Monitors concentrations and medication doses as they relate to patients of varying ages.
- Performs arterial blood gas sampling. Performs arterial punctures to obtain arterial blood samples for blood gas analysis. Understands and communicates the possible complications associated with the procedures.
- Performs ventilator management. Sets-up and monitors mechanical ventilators and the associated critical care duties required for treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
- Performs pulmonary-function tests to gather data for use by physician in diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary disorders.
Performs various sleep disorder tests.
- Manageable work load
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition/Professional Development reimbursement
- Hospital paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings account with employer match
- Employee wellness program
- Associate degree and/or Bachelor degree in Respiratory Care
- Licensed by the Ohio Society of Respiratory Care
- BLS certification within 30 days of employment required
- ACLS certification preferred
A.R Boutari 440.901.1000