Clinical Laboratory Scientist
We need strong generalist with good blood banking.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shift Opportunities.
Working as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist in a hospital setting in Southern California is an outstanding career choice due to several key factors. Firstly, the region's robust healthcare sector, which includes numerous world-class hospitals, offers ample job opportunities and avenues for career advancement. Secondly, California is known for its competitive compensation, with Clinical Laboratory Scientists often receiving above-average salaries compared to other states. The state also maintains rigorous certification standards, promoting excellence and professionalism in the field. Additionally, Southern California's diverse population provides an opportunity to work with a wide variety of patient populations and disease states, thereby broadening one's professional skills and experience. Lastly, living in Southern California has lifestyle benefits such as its year-round pleasant climate, vibrant culture, and stunning natural landscapes, making it a desirable place to balance a rewarding career and personal life.
We are seeking a qualified Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) to join our Hospital Laboratory team. The successful candidate will perform a variety of laboratory tests and procedures to assist physicians in diagnosing, monitoring, treating, and preventing disease.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) Responsibilities:
- Perform a broad range of laboratory procedures including all testing and tasks of the medical laboratory technologist occupation.
- Conduct complex analysis of patient samples, including blood, urine, body fluids, and other specimens to detect and identify disease.
- Interpret and report laboratory results, ensuring that accurate, timely data is available for informed patient care decisions.
- Follow quality control, quality assurance, safety, and infection control procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of instrumentation and test methodologies.
- Collaborate with healthcare teams to determine the best course of action for patient care.
- Participate in the evaluation of new techniques and procedures in the laboratory.
- Train and supervise other laboratory personnel as necessary.
- Maintain all laboratory records in compliance with hospital policies and regulatory requirements.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in medical technology or a related Science field.
- Current and valid Clinical Laboratory Scientist license from California state.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a hospital laboratory setting.
- Experience with automated and manual testing procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated professional seeking to contribute to patient care in a challenging and rewarding environment.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Generalist) position is a full-time role, and the schedule may include days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays based on hospital needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, color, age, sex, national origin, religion, disability, LGBT, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Apply today to get a full overview of the hospital, setting, and benefits this position has to offer.
Hoss Melton, Recruiter