Clinical Laboratory Supervisor
No-supervisor experience needed, will train the right candidate!
We are looking for a dedicated, skilled, and forward-thinking Lab Supervisor to join our dynamic team. The Lab Supervisor will play a key role in managing our state-of-the-art laboratory. The candidate will be responsible for supervising the operations and personnel of the Pathology Department, maintaining the highest standards of proficiency, efficiency, and safety in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Pathology department including staffing, personnel management, and strategic planning.
- Develop and implement policies, protocols, and procedures to ensure quality control and assurance.
- Provide training, mentorship, and performance reviews to staff.
- Manage quality improvement initiatives in the department.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and maintain documentation.
- Coordinate with the hospital's infection prevention program and participate in relevant committee meetings.
- Evaluate and introduce new equipment and test methods, keeping abreast of the latest technologies and best practices in the field.
- Collaborate with other departments, doctors, and administration to optimize patient care.
- Participate in budget development and monitor expenditures.
- Bachelors needed, Master’s degree preferred in microbiology, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related field.
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Specialist in Microbiology (SM) license required.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in a clinical microbiology laboratory with at least two years in a leadership role preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of laboratory regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Experience with laboratory information systems and proficiency with MS Office.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in team leadership, personnel management, and strategic planning.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including professional growth opportunities. If you have the required skills and experience, and you're passionate about improving healthcare quality, we'd love to hear from you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please note that we comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have personnel.
Job Type: Full-time, direct hire
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and references. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Paul Levitin, Recruiter
646-694-1000 - text only