Pediatric Physician Assistant (California)
Position Overview: We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Pediatric Physician Assistant to join our healthcare team in California. As a Pediatric Physician Assistant, you will work closely with pediatricians and other healthcare professionals to provide high-quality healthcare services to pediatric patients, from infancy to adolescence. This position offers an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of children and their families while practicing in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- Conduct thorough pediatric patient assessments, including obtaining medical histories, performing physical examinations, and ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Diagnose and treat common pediatric acute illnesses, such as respiratory infections, gastrointestinal disorders, and dermatological conditions, under the supervision of a physician.
- Monitor and manage chronic pediatric conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, and allergies, including prescribing medications, providing education, and coordinating follow-up care.
- Perform routine well-child visits, including growth and development assessments, immunizations, and health screenings, adhering to recommended guidelines and standards of care.
- Collaborate with pediatricians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to develop comprehensive care plans, ensure continuity of care, and facilitate referrals to specialists when needed.
- Provide counseling and support to pediatric patients and their families, addressing their physical, emotional, and developmental needs in a compassionate and family-centered manner.
- Assist in minor pediatric procedures, such as wound suturing, splinting, and incision and drainage, following established protocols and maintaining a sterile environment.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory standards.
- Stay informed about current pediatric practices, research, and advancements by participating in continuing education programs and professional development activities.
- Uphold ethical and professional standards of practice, demonstrating integrity, empathy, and respect for patients and colleagues.
- Valid Physician Assistant (PA) license and certification in the state of California.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an accredited program.
- Specialization in Pediatrics preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a Physician Assistant in a pediatric clinical setting, including experience with acute and chronic pediatric care.
- Excellent clinical skills, with the ability to independently assess, diagnose, and treat pediatric patients across the age spectrum.
- Proficiency in performing pediatric procedures, such as wound care, splinting, and incision and drainage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to establish rapport with pediatric patients, families, and healthcare colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment, demonstrating adaptability and flexibility.
- Familiarity with electronic medical record (EMR) systems and ability to efficiently document patient encounters.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, and opportunities for professional growth. Join our dedicated team of healthcare professionals and contribute to the health and well-being of pediatric patients in our community.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and references. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Hoss Melton, Recruiter